Sunday, May 16, 2010

Snopes.com

Have you ever heard that if you eat Pop Rocks and drink soda you will die? Well, it's not true.

No, I know, you know a guy whose cousin's college roommate's little brother did it and his stomach exploded. But no, that never happened. How do I know? I read about it on snopes.com.

Snopes is a website that deals with Urban Legends. Just about anything you've ever heard is on there. The website kind of freaks me out, though, mostly because I now know way too much about how many people have ever died at Disneyland and how (surprise: It's usually on Grad Night).

Anyway, here are five legends that surprised me. Are they true or false? You'll have to read them to find out... if you dare!

  1. Music: The Beatles recorded an unreleased song called "Pink Litmus Paper Shirt"
  2. Movies: One of the munchkins died on the set of The Wizard of Oz.
  3. Old Wive's Tales: Chewing gum takes seven years to digest.
  4. Horror: A fake mummy in a Haunted Fun House turns out to be real!
  5. And from the Lost Legends section: Mr. Ed was a zebra!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...