Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Heart is Like a Wheel 2009

2009 is over and this blog has been going strong for (almost) all of it. A lot of great things happened for me and for the blog in 2009.

One of the highlights of the year for me was the event that actually sparked the beginning of this blog - Coachella 2009. It was right after I bought my tickets at the end of January that I decided to become a vegetarian! I have Paul (and Linda) to thank, in large part, for that. Seeing Paul perform "Something" live also started my love for playing the ukulele, which, in turn, finally got me to take guitar lessons (something I've wanted to do since high school).

I also did pretty well on my new year's resolution, which was to save money. If I could give you one tip it would be to call some of the companies you pay bills to every month and just tell them to lower your payments! It worked for my cable bill.

I started getting in a little better shape, too, thanks to Wii Fit. I didn't reach my fitness goal for the year, but I'm still just a beginner. 2010 is looking to shape up pretty well.

Here is a list of all of the tags/labels that I have used three or more times for this blog. You can see that some patterns showed up this year. We'll just have to wait and see what surprises the 10's will bring!

#1: Music: Music related tags account for 42% of the 3-and-over tags used this year. They include:

Paul McCartney (7)/The Beatles (3)

Records (3)

Depeche Mode (3)

"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" (3)

MGMT (3)

Music (12)

The Lonely Island (3)/Andy Samburg (2)


#2: Book/Film Clubs: 2009 saw me going out more and being a joiner! I joined (among other things) a book club and a film club. Not surprisingly, book/film club related tags were the second most popular kind to turn up this year:

Book club (5)

Books (6)

Death with Interruptions (3)

Film club (5)


#3: Shopping: Even though I did manage to ditch the credit card and start saving more money this year, two of my favorite places to shop did pop up in the blog from time to time:

Target (3)

Urban Outfitters (8)


#4: Miscellaneous: Non-music/film club/book club/shopping labels accounted for just 25% of the mentioned-three-or-more-times tags:

Halloween (3)

iPhone (6)

Japan (3)

Mad Men (4)

Vegetarian (4)

YouTube (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...