Thursday, August 23, 2012

Project Runway Season 10 Episode 5 Live Blog

So this week's Project Runway is here. Instead of my usual live blog, which takes a long time to write, I'm just going to make my comments during the commercial breaks.


Commercial Break #1:

I can't believe the first person they chose for the team challenge is Elena. She has such an attitude problem. I guess her construction is good, though.

Raul is acting like a spoiled brat. Does he have a crush on Christopher? I don't know. It sounds like his outfit is not going to go with the rest of team six.

Team five doesn't really seem to be liking Gunnar very much, either. He did throw out nautical theme at one point. So there's that.

Commercial Break #2:

The commercials previewing what's coming up after the break are more exciting than the actual show.

Gunnar is still really unhappy. Tim's critique of team five makes their collection sound clownish. Sonjia thinks the collection is too resort wear. Gunnar thinks it is "drag queen cocktail hour."

Meanwhile team five has more done than the other team. I'm not crazy about the dark blue on Dimitri's color blocked dress, although his zipper is cute.

I haven't seen who's going to make the ugly white top/gray skirt that they have been showing all week in the commercial. I guess it's going to be team six.

Commercial Break #3:

I'm loving Dimitri this week. One way monkey??

Apparently Christopher, Ven, and Nathan have a nickname: the chiffonies. At first I thought they said the Chif-Fonzies! That would've been much better.

I still can't tell who is making that ugly white and gray "It looks like two puppies fighting in a sack" outfit yet.

The photo shoot is up next. I'm interested to see how the designs look together.

Commercial Break #4:

Tim's jacket at the photo shoot is so cute. Love him. But what is with Christopher's bleach-dipped plaid shirt thing?

Elena's freaking out at the photo shoot and bossing everyone around. Hair and makeup does not like it and neither does the rest of her team. I have to say though, I think she has a point about the props.

Next up: the runway.

Commercial Break #5:

The runway show goes pretty well. I'm worried about Raul and Gunnar and a few others. I think Alicia's pants look amazing. I guess we'll see what the judges think.

Commercial Break #6:

I'm going to make a prediction that both teams are going to win that they're going to use some of the photographs from one team and some from another team in the magazine and that no one will be out. We'll see.

If someone is going it looks like it's Raul or Gunnar.

I agree with the judges that the photograph with the three women in it focuses on the worst look which is Gunnar's dress and you can barely see the best piece which is Christopher's skirt. That's unfortunate.

Commercial Break #7:

Melissa is the winner but it's not fair. She got to design a dress that, except for the color, is just a dress she would design on any challenge. Everyone else actually had to make clothes that look like they are for the office. In that way she had an unfair advantage, I think.

Forgot to say before but Nathan's Foldy white pants were crazy. I hate crazy crotch clothes. Plus, who wears an asymmetrical old lady resort shirt to the office?

And Raul is eliminated again. What more can I say? I can't believe he went back to the room and said to Elena "I hate your ass." That was really something.

Well, it looks like next week is going to be the real woman challenge. I hate how so many designers freak out when they have to design for a woman who isn't a size 0 and actually has some curves. I guess we'll see how it goes, but it already looks like Ven called his girl fat and made her cry :(

As for me I am not designing a look this week. I hope to do gangbusters in the real woman challenge next week though, so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...