Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Project Runway Season 10 Episode 3 "Live Blog"

Note: I've been on vacation, so this is not really a "live" live blog, I am blogging while I watch it on my DVR.


I fast forwarded past the part where they get ready in the morning and went straight to Heidi on the runway. I didn't need to because she only told them to go see Tim somewhere but she was wearing an interesting gold dress with gray tights.

We know from the commercial last week that former stars of the show are going to come back and the current designers must design for them. But I'm sure there's more of a twist to it than that. Also by stars I mean stars and Kenley.

It's the Lexus challenge! And it's a red carpet look for the Emmys! The twist is they have to design something the color of the Lexus vehicle. they each get $300 and one day to complete their look. Are there going to be any male All-Stars? The Lexus guy tells them they need to make a bold statement. They're working in teams of TWO! I'm  sure they're going to LOVE that. I bet Dimitry is the first talking head to say he doesn't want to work in a pair. I was wrong it was Elena.

I hope the twins are partners. No, they're not. One of them, Gunnar I think, is partnered with grandma. He says he loves her aesthetic and that the two of them are going to "win this with" their "eyes closed." No, that's Christopher. Gunnar gets Kooan for a partner.

Christopher and Grandma get Anya for a client.

Hat Guy and Dreadlocks get Mila.

Gunnar, who has a white car, gets Irina from season six. Apparently she was the winner. I don't remember her.

Dimitry and Melissa get April from season eight. He asks her if she's going to keep her hair purple. She is. Their car was silver.

Blue haired girl and her partner get some girl named Valerie from season eight. I don't remember her either. I'm not good with names. Ha ha she wants cutouts, patterns, something that's clean. That sounds easy.

The next team gets Laura Bennett. Love her.

Ven's team gets Kenley. It looks like their car is navy blue. I hope they can find a navy blue polka dot print. Kenley says she's vintage. And fashion forward.



The designers talk to the All-Stars and get to sketching. Then it's off to Mood!

Swatch is eating something off the floor.

They get to work in the workroom and Tim comes in with an announcement. The winner will get to GO to the Emmy's! They're talking about the Emmy's that are already over, right? Did anyone see them on the red carpet? Or do they mean next year's Emmy's?

I feel bad for Kooan. Gunnar is really taking over on their dress.

Alicia and Raul are a team and they both have never done an evening gown. They are both more menswear designers. Their fabric is a crazy red and black print. And they are using red leather. Their sketch is… ugly.


Based on the preview before the second commercial it looks like Buffi is going to be the first to walk out.

Kenley thinks of herself as a "modern Grace Kelly."

Elena is freaking out. She and Buffi are not working very well together.



Ven and Fabio's dress for Kenley is terrible. Sonjia rightly says that it looks like something she would just wear to church instead of the Emmys. It's a plain navy dress - something I wouldn't even wear to work with a cardigan if I was a librarian. They did tell Tim they were going to put a bunch of fancy stuff on top of it, so we'll see.

Raul hates the red carpet!

Right before the runway, Irina is not happy with the bump on the butt of her white dress made by Gunnar and Kooan. She's yelling at Kooan. I feel sorry for him.

I can't tell who's going home without seeing the runway show. I know Ven has immunity, but I don't think the judges will put his dress for Kenley in the bottom three. At least the customer is satisfied.

And it's runway time. The guest judge is actress Krysten Ritter. Here we go.

Buffi and Elena's pink under black pleats dress is up first. It looks okay. Laura is super cute. But Elena is still a little unhappy.

The brown dress Gunnar and grandma made for Anya looks not totally terrible. Anya, of course, makes a great model.

Kenley is it trying to be too cutesy on the runway.

I think Melissa and Dimitri might win this. April looks great in her silver dress (with purple hair) and, apparently, no bra.

Raul and Alicia look like they are going to lose. Not only is the dress amateurish, but the only red on it is the belt. The challenge was to make a dress the same color as their Lexus. Their Lexus was red. Their dress is black. Plus they gave Mila this big fake side ponytail.



Gunnar and Kooan's white dress looks a little better on the runway than it did in the workroom. Irina looks a little unhappy, but Heidi seems to like it. The best part is the necklace, but it's not like they designed that.




Sonjia and Nathan's gold sequin dress for Valerie looks good.

Team Melissa/Dimitry and team Sonjia/Nathan are safe. I thought they might be in the top.  The third safe team is Elena and Buffi! In her interview, Elena basically blames Buffi for their safe/not winning status.

The two top teams are Fabio and Ven and Gunnar and Kooan. Gunnar looks shocked to be in the top two and Ven looks like he's got a date with Kenley to the Emmy's. The look on Kooan's face bothers me, though. Don't quit the show Coupon! I hope Irina doesn't say anything about the bump in the back of her dress during panel!

The hem of it Irina's white dress does not look good. Too short, uneven, and a string hanging off. She, to her credit I guess, doesn't really say anything bad about the dress. Her body language is another story.

Christopher is upset during judging. He doesn't really seem to stand up for himself, though, he just keeps saying how upset he is and how much he wants this. He is making Krysten Ritter (who called his dress something you could buy on Halloween in a drugstore) really uncomfortable.

Well, the judges results are in and the winner is Ven. Raul is the loser (I typed this sentence before they even announced it, it was so obvious). I guess Raul got kicked off for the fake ponytail. I will miss him and his little hat and his one piece of hair that hangs down his forehead. Did he say, "Bye Brittany" as he left??

In the preview for next week's episode, it seems that Andrea has left in the middle of the night! Finally we seem to know who one of the infamous "cowards" is! I think there are supposed to be two of them, but then they show Nathan AND Kooan both saying they want to leave, too! Crazy! Does that mean no one will get kicked off next week?

What did you think about this week's challenge? Were you excited to see Kenley again? As always, let me know what you think in the comments.

For my design this week, I typed Lexus into Google Image and used the first color I saw which was Silver, then I typed in Project Runway Designer and got Season 2 winner Chloe Dao! She likes asymmetrical stuff and isn't afraid to show a little cleavage. Here's what I came up with. The one on the bottom was supposed to be the front, but the back could also make a nice front!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...