Saturday, May 9, 2009

Blog Templates


After three weeks and three posts, I've finally changed my Blogger template from the one that came with the blog. What do you think?

I like to have a cute blog template (I also prefer white words on a black background), but there are downsides. If you still have your original template and are looking for a change (or if you want to start a blog) here are some things to consider.

The blog templates that come with blogger are pretty boring, and they can make you look like a beginner. Experienced blog readers will get a bad first impression. Other free blog templates often have advertising on them, however, which can get annoying. Pyzam offers some really cool and easy to use templates (especially if you are a teenage girl who thinks she is into "punk") but they come with an ugly orange bar at the top of the page.

Pyzam

Another good place to look is here:

Blogger Buster

I was using the one called "Notepad Chaos" for a while (I know that blog layouts that look like pieces of paper are cliche, but it was pretty!) but I couldn't get the things on the side to display the date correctly. If you know a lot about HTML, etc. you might be able to fix the minor bugs yourself, otherwise you'll be stuck with an attractive but imperfect blog. You can see a picture of it at the top of this post.

One other helpful tip is to go here:

Remove the Blogger Banner

This site shows you how to get rid of the blue Blogger navbar at the top of all Blogger pages, if you want to.

Have fun!

Update (7/18/09): I changed my template again to this one with the pink stripes. It WAS black with pink flowers on the side before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...