Sunday, June 21, 2009

Disneyland

So my mom came to visit me last week and we went to Disneyland (and California Adventure). Fortunately we missed the big Lakers parade which happened the day we left (I mean, go Lakers, but that would be a big crowd), but unfortunately the first day we were there was the last day for year-long passes and was so crowded they had to stop letting people in.

My mom is not a big ride person, and she's not as mobile as she once was, so we got her a wheelchair. I've heard that if you have a wheelchair you get into special shorter lines, and for some of the rides this was true! Pirates of The Carribean (I haven't seen it since they added Johnny Depp) had a REALLY short line near the exit for wheelchairs. Haunted Mansion also had a special line, but other rides, like Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, had only one line we all waited in.

California Adventure was not crowded at all. I'd never been there before. It was mostly 3D interactive movie things. I can't see in 3D (one of my friends said, "You have to use the glasses" - was that a joke??) so that was a bit of a drag. Yeah, I know, I'm weird because I can't see in 3D. Another thing I noticed about CA was that it was based almost entirely on movies I have never seen before like A Bug's Life and Monsters Inc. (and High School Musical 3). If you like those movies, you will probably have fun there.

Downtown Disney is a shopping area located between the two parks. You don't need a ticket to get in there. They have a movie theatre where my mom and I went to see Up, the new Disney/Pixar movie. I'm not normally into those Pixar movies, but my mom really likes them. This one was kind of sad, but the talking dogs were cute. Anyway, because it's an AMC theatre, you can take food in! My mom brought in a burger and I had cheese fries! I learned from a friend of mine who used to work for AMC that they'll let you bring in your own food. It's just cool.

That's my report from Disneyland, and now my vacation is over. It's back to work for me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...