Wednesday, April 14, 2010

News Videos

I have a complaint.

I get most of my news from the internet. Lately I have seen A LOT of videos on news websites. That's not so unusual, but what's different is that they will post a headline - usually involving some kind of mystery, and then they WON'T include a way you can read about the news, you HAVE to watch the video, or you don't get to know what the mystery is about.

I just saw a headline that read "Should You 'Friend' a Parent on Facebook? A father & son found out the hard way that their relationship wasn't meant to exist on the social media site. Find out why." and I thought, "Wow! What happened to them? The dad found out his son was a drug dealer or what?" So I clicked on the headline, only to have a video window pop up. Usually, I just close the video and go on with my life, but this sounded like a really juicy story - it was on the front page of MSN and everything. What terrible Facebook event caused a rift in the bond between father and son? The dad posted a picture of his now 26 year old son when he was one, sitting on the toilet.

I would put a link here so you can see how unnewsworthy this entire story is (it originally aired on the Today Show) but I don't want to give them the satisfaction.

Take that, news video people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...