Saturday, January 14, 2012

Breathe Right Strips

You have probably seen the commercials for Breathe Right Strips (the link takes you to Amazon). Maybe, like me, you thought they were just for people who snore. I recently tried them, however, and they are incredible! I never thought of myself as someone with sleeping or breathing problems, but I noticed my nose feeling a little stuffy lately, especially in the morning. That's when I decided to try the strips.


Now, there are different kinds of strips: original tan in small/medium is what I use. The clear kind has weird things at the top that stick to the delicate skin under my eye, so I don't like those. I've never tried the menthol.


The strip has a sticky back like a band-aid. You stick it on the top of your nose and it causes your airways to open. You have to stick it on just right, so it takes a little practice. Taking it off in the morning is easy - it comes off the best with hot water, say, in the shower - but you can also just peel it off.


I think the strip really does help me sleep/breathe. The only problem I've had was the morning I forgot to take it off and went to the park to walk my dogs - greeting several neighbors in the process. Well, maybe they thought I was going for a run, as some athletes like bike riders wear them.


I'm going to bring some for my mom to try when I go to visit her. She has problems sleeping. I'll let you know how it goes.


If anyone has tried the menthol ones, please leave a comment and let us know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...