Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

One of the things I miss the most about living in Japan is New Years. Japanese new years is so fun to me for some reason. There are so many cool traditions.


One thing that happens every year on New Years Eve is the Kohaku Red and White Song Festival - a televised competition between female (red) and male (white) singers and popular music groups. It's on TV until about 11:30 when the news takes over showing people celebrating and getting ready to ring the 108 bells (I mean, the one bell 108 times).


I used to watch the Kohaku to see SMAP, my favorite group.
This year I saw the Kohaku on television here in the states. I only saw the last half hour or so, but SMAP was there giving the very last performance of the evening. Except for Tsuyoshi's ugly hair and old lady coat, they pretty much looked and sounded the same as ever (including the fact that Nakai is totally tone deaf).


I took some pictures of the TV for you to enjoy. 

They are singing (what I assume is) their newest song.

Shingo is my favorite. He is the same age as me.


Shingo and Goro-chan.

This is Kimura.
The one on the left is Tsuyoshi with his yellow vest/fur coat thing.


Some dance moves.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...