Friday, March 26, 2010

Project Runway

I love fashion (not that you would know it by looking at my wardrobe, but...) and I used to think of Project Runway as my favorite show on TV (but that was back in the days of season 2... oh, Daniel V! Remember that time when he said it was "a mother f'ing walkoff")?

Anyway, last night Anthony was robbed! I don't think Anthony is the best designer or anything, but Mila's dress was quite possibly the ugliest thing I've seen in the history of P.R. - and this is a show where people make clothes out of lettuce leaves and garbage bags (sometimes those garbage bag dresses win). Maybe there have been one or two other ugly dresses, but at least the models could WALK in those. This was just a disaster.

It took me a while, but here is the only picture of the dress I could find (Thanks TVgasm):


The challenge this week was to design your own fabric. The first thing I thought was, "Do not put color on a white background and then pick white fabric to pair with it" and that is exactly what Mila did! Then she made it into this gross 70's maxi dress that was so tight the model couldn't walk. THEN she put this horrible black vest/jacket thing on her. Yuck!

Despite this disaster, Mila was safe and it was Anthony (the only entertaining designer left on the show) who was booted off. Mila better not be going to Bryant Park - I can just imagine the black and white Adidas track suit disaster mess her runway show would be.

At least the episode was interesting. This was the first time in a long time that I didn't miss Santino!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...