Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Calorie Counter

This is a picture of the calorie counter - it's not mine, I'm a vegetarian!


Did you know that Google has a free calorie counter? You can find it (here). I love that whenever I go to search for something on Google (which is often several times a day) I'm reminded of it and I can add what I ate.

Here are some fast food items that I eat occasionally and what they add up to calorie-wise:

Qdoba Naked Vegetarian Burrito (Cilantro-lime rice, pinto beans, pico de gallo, cheese, quacamole): 830 (but I can't eat ALL of it).

Subway Veggie 6" Sub (Pepperjack cheese, mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, bell peppers, olives, cucumbers, oil and vinegar): 325.

Pick Up Stix Buddha's Feast with light sauce, white rice, and a vegetable egg roll (I actually don't like this, but I ate it today, so I looked it up): 370.

Jack in the Box breakfast burrito (tortilla, eggs, cheese, hashbrowns): 622 (again, I don't eat the whole thing).

Yikes on the breakfast burrito, right?? A favorite homemade breakfast of mine, in comparison, is an omelette made of two egg whites, chopped bell peppers, and a chopped up veggie sausage patty with black coffee for only 177 calories! That's almost as much as one 8" flour tortilla by itself. Calories are weird.

Speaking of coffee... at Starbucks a grande (who gets a tall?) brewed black coffee is a yummy 5 calories. A grande caramel Frappuccino with easy whip is 325 calories.

Some good low-cal snacks include fruit, of course (tangerines are 40 calories, bananas are 62), and those 100 calorie snack packs that are so popular at grocery stores now (I prefer Nabisco Oreo thin crisps for something sweet and Ritz Snack Mix for a salty snack).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...