Sunday, July 19, 2009

French Veggies

I have been a vegetarian for more than six months now (for a year before that I was eating only birds and fish) and I love it. It did take me thirty years to finally make the switch however. What held me back for so long was my love of traveling, and especially my desire to live in a foreign country. I didn't want to go to another country and miss out on trying all of its local foods. I did my share of traveling and living abroad, however, and am now happily veggie.

I have not, however, visited France yet, though I have eaten enough French cuisine to satisfy my sense of curiosity on the matter. When I do go to France, I have no doubt I will be able to eat very well, especially considering my love for bread, coffee, dessert, wine, etc. I can also buy food at a store pretty easily with my one semester of college French. What will I eat, however, when I go to a fancy French restaurant?

In answer to that question, I recently discovered this article on Yahoo news titled: "Meatless in Paris: Dining for Vegetarian Visitors." Please read it if you are interested.

For more info. on going Veggie (why not try it?) go (here).

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...