Friday, September 18, 2009

MGMT


As I mentioned in this post, I'm trying to like Phoenix (I have their appearance on Conan Tivo'd). Meanwhile, I still love MGMT.

Oracular Spectacular is an amazing record. (Yes, I listen to records). I recently ordered Phoenix's Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix LP because of MGMT. I love the MGMT record so much and it makes me love MGMT so much, that having the vinyl Phoenix must win me over!

I've liked MGMT for a while, ever since I first heard "Time to Pretend" on the radio. It was not like anything on the radio. It was not like any other song I had ever heard. And I don't mean that in the way that "Fireflies" by Owl City or "Handlebars" by the Flobots are unlike any song on the radio - I mean it in a good way. How could you not like the frank tune about guys who just can't help becoming rock stars, marrying models, divorcing models, finding other models to marry, and dying in a pool of their own vomit? (What else can they do? Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute)?

After hearing "TtP" on the radio I turned to YouTube for more info. and ending up loving another MGMT song, "Kids." About a month after that, "Kids" started playing on the radio, and it still hasn't stopped. I must admit that I like "Kids" sightly less after hearing it every day on the radio for the past several months, but there is no quashing my love for MGMT in general.

Their record is excellent. Put a little something in your coffee and have a listening party in your own home at night! Dance around and sing along to "Electric Feel." After all, you're in the prime of your life!

When I discovered that Paul McCartney likes MGMT and that they would open for him on a few tour dates and that he was interested in working with them in some kind of Fireman capacity - I was thrilled! Go MGMT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...