Sunday, November 1, 2009

iXpenseIt

iXpenseIt is an iPhone app (available in both a free "lite" version and a $4.99 pay version which allows more than 200 expense records and no ads) that helps you keep track of your monthly budget.

Since today is November 1st, I've decided to start today and keep track of all of my spending so I can make a budget. It's a bit sad to see that almost exactly 3/4 of my paycheck is gone after the first day (I pay all of my bills except my phone, gas, and electricity bill - plus I put money in savings and pay much more than the minimum on my credit card and car payment).

The cool thing about this app is that it is on your phone, so you take it with you wherever you go. No more saving receipts and trying to add them all up at the end of the day when you get home to your computer. Plus, you can add notes on the things you bought and even take pictures! I'm especially interested to see how much I end up spending on food and entertainment.

Instead of waiting for 2010 to make a New Year's resolution to keep better track of your finances, why not start now so you have all the data to make an educated decision about your budget for next year? Let's get out of debt and take the recession into our own hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...