Saturday, November 14, 2009

Literary Tattoo


So, my birthday is in two weeks and I was trying to decide between going skydiving and getting a tattoo - two things I've never done before. I think I'm going to go with the tattoo.

A cool site is Literary Tattoos. I am thinking of getting something from John Keats. I haven't found the perfect line yet. If I don't, I may need to go skydiving.

Probably my favorite poem is "La Belle Dame Sans Merci", but most of the lines from that poem are from a guy talking about a lady, which would be kind of weird to have tatooed on me. The last line is "And no birds sing" which is OK, but it sounds a bit depressing. I don't want people to think I'm emo or something.

As for font, a lot of literary tattoos are done in that typewriter font - it looks cool, like your body is a piece of typing paper. I included a picture of one such tat at the top of this post. Also, there are some well-known examples of Keats' handwriting - I could get a line in his own hand. That would be cool. Here is an example.



When I decide what to do I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...