Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving!

My first vegetarian Thanksgiving was great. My friends and I ate tofurky and something called "Celebration Loaf" along with all these other Thanksgiving goodies. Yes, we had gravy, too, but I took the picture before I put the gravy on. Then we watched the "Stephen Colbert Christmas Special" and Every Little Step, a documentary about auditions for the Broadway musical A Chorus Line, which is, itself, a musical about auditions for a musical. Here are some pictures of the food!

Tofurky and Celebration Loaf


The Table


I made this: Pumpkin Sweet-Potato Coconut Soup


Mashed potatoes


Two kinds of pie!


The most amazing appetizer - Pear Brie Toast!
This is the recipe. It calls for apples, but trust me, pears are the way to go.


My plate (before I put the gravy on) The stuffing was good!


Cranberry sauce from a can is a must!


I made these green beans with almonds and "facon" bacon bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...