Friday, November 13, 2009

This Week in Pop

I've written about Pop Candy before. It is the one blog I read every day (aside from this one).

Every Friday Whitney does a "This Week in Pop" entry where she talks about her favorite TV shows, movies, books, and music of the week. Here's mine:

Best TV show I saw: Mad Men! That finale was the best and the scene where Don and Betty fought after he found out about Henry was the most intense thing I've seen in a long time! I love Jon Hamm. And, JOAN IS BACK. If they could just get Sal to join Sterling Copper Draper Price, I would be a happy woman.

I also enjoyed: South Park. It was about Smurfs and student council and some conservative talk show guy who is, I don't know, Glenn Beck or something.

I wasn't into: Tosh.O. That show is stupid. Some woman was singing a song called "Sittin' on the Toilet" for example. The guy is smarmy, and not in a funny way.

Best movie I saw: The last movie I saw in the theatres was Where the Wild Things Are. It was MESSED UP! Spoiler alert - they rip a guy's freakin' arm off and put a stick in his empty arm hole!!!! AHHHH!!! Nightmares!

I also saw: I didn't see anything else. I still have The Libertine from Netflix. This lady in my film club told me to watch it because Johnny Depp is "unrecognizable" but then she wasn't at the last meeting, which is good because I hadn't watched it yet.

I plan to see: That alien movie with Mila Jovovich - The Fourth Kind, I think it's called. When I went to see Paranormal Activity, the trailer for The Fourth Kind was the scariest thing about that whole experience. (There was also a trailer for that fallen angel movie Legion starring Paul Bettany which looked cool).

Best music I heard: I have been obsessed with two Paul McCartney songs lately - "So Bad" and "Old Siam, Sir". They are both featured in the Paul McCartney 1973-2001 song book for guitar, piano, and voice. Love those two songs!

I'm also listening to: Songs I'm supposed to practice for my last guitar class tomorrow. These include:
  • Knocking on Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan
  • Let it Be, Hey Jude, & Daytripper - The Beatles
  • Don't Panic - Coldplay
  • Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix
  • Man on the Moon - REM
  • Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
  • For What it's Worth - Buffalo Springfield
  • Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
  • Ode to Joy - Beethoven
Best thing I read: Check out my book club post on Jose Saramago's Death with Interruptions.

I'm also reading: Aldous Huxley's Brave New World and "Oleanna" the David Mamet play. It's been a long time since I've read a play!

Feel Free to leave your own "Week in Pop" in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...