Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Rolling it to you in 2009...

This Blog: A Year in Review.

Here are a few updates on some of the topics I've blogged about

in my 100 posts this year!


  • Coachella was awesome.
  • I still love my iPhone.
  • Records are still cool. I bought some in April that I still haven't listened to yet (I'm saving them).
  • I still like this pink blog template.
  • Navy blue nail polish – still cute.
  • Springfield Punx website? Well, I haven’t been back since I posted about it. Let me go now. Ah, now they are featuring Inspector Gadget, Link from The Legend of Zelda, and Edward Scissorhands.
  • Things I want to buy from Urban Outfitters? I actually ended up getting one of these – twice!
  • The Sims 3? I got kinda burned out on it.
  • Kitchen Appliances? Did I actually blog about kitchen appliances?
  • Disneyland. Yeah, I went there.
  • Twilight? Yeah, I read those.
  • Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre? I read those, too. Jane Eyre rocks.
  • RIP Geocities: I never did anything to save my website. RIP “Lori Was Here”
  • "Lucy in the Sky": RIP Lucy Vodden
  • French Veggies. Did I blog about French veggies?
  • Guy in the shirt who is not impressed by the Paul McCartney concert: still sucks.
  • Slurpees? I never had one all year.
  • Torchwood: Still sucks!! Totally sucks! Ianto!!!!
  • Eric Bana: Still sucks, too.
  • Hipsters: I’m still not really one.
  • Dibs: I only ate them once. They are not that good, but they are honest.
  • Mr. Donut: still the world’s greatest pink donut.
  • Organic apples: I never actually bought any – they are clean, but expensive.
  • Bento: I never really made one.
  • Phoenix: I still don’t really like them as much as I would like to, in large part due to the fact that my record was defective.
  • Wear Sunscreen: Still good advice.
  • Book clubs: I only went to two. They were good.
  • MGMT: AWESOME.
  • The Emmys: my first live blog!
  • Film Club: I went to two.
  • Best Andy Samburg quote of the year: “Happy Birthday to the Ground!”
  • Bridesmaid’s Speech: I thought this made make me an Internet sensation. Still waiting for that to happen.
  • A painting of your personality: Sometimes finding something to blog about was a little difficult.
  • Meetup.com: is pretty cool.
  • "Flume": Still a great song.
  • Random pictures: Still random
  • Paranormal Activity: Still not scary.
  • MASH: Still a game I used to play on the bus in 6th grade.
  • Jim Carrey: Still ruining Christmas.
  • Netflix: I now have 181 movies in my queue.
  • Halloween Costume 2009: Thanks for the help with costume ideas, but I went as Joan from Mad Men (my hero).
  • Haircut: I got bangs!
  • Glee: Next to Mad Men, the best show of the year!
  • Calorie Counter: I didn’t stick with it, though.
  • Garfield Websites: Better than Garfield. That’s not saying much.
  • Blue Bag: Still using it.
  • Iexpensit: I’m not using this anymore either.
  • Neopolitan Dynamite: I only ate this once, but it is still the best ice cream flavor.
  • Eat No Animal: Still a good idea, and too big of a T-shirt.
  • This Week in Pop: I only did this once – I don’t know how Whit does it!
  • Literary Tattoo: I decided not to get one.
  • Pumpkin Soup: I made it twice! So easy!
  • Christmas presents: I gave some, I got some.
  • Pandora: good radio.
  • Etsy: still sells ugly craft stuff.
  • Random band names and album/book covers: a fun waste of time.
  • Pancakes: are good.
  • iPod speakers: are cheap.
  • Show Choir: Glee is about one - I was in one – SNL did a funny skit about one.
  • Jersey Shore: The Situation kind of looks like Dave Gahan.
  • Album Covers with Trees: More of this in 2010!
  • Scarves: Still warm.
  • Festivus: It really was bad news about James and Bethany. Now I feel bad about it. Stupid Festivus.
  • Movies I want to see this holiday season: Still haven't seen any of them.
  • Meat Free Monday: Make your new year's resolution one that will save animals AND the Earth!


Best picture from my blog this year:

It's a tie between me deciding not to get a tattoo and Plastic Jesus.


Words from this post the spellchecker said were spelled wrong: Coachella, Punx, Scissorhands, Wuthering, Geocities, Vodden, Slurpees, Torchwood, Ianto, Bana, Bento, MGMT, Emmys, Samburg, Meetup, 6th, Carrey, Netflix, didn't, Iexpensit, Neoploitan, Etsy, ipod, SNL, Gahan, Festivus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...