Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Presents


I have finished my Christmas shopping (except for one last gift, which I will describe below). Since I doubt any of my friends or family read this blog and in the hope that detailing my choices might help some of you who have not yet been able to check everyone off your list, here is what I got.

Gift cards. Brothers and husbands of relatives be prepared. You are boys and you always say things like, "You shouldn't have wasted your money on this" so gift cards it is. I realize the irony of the fact that you also do not like shopping, but oh well.

Online shopping! Almost all of my gifts were ordered online. For relatives who live far away, I opted to have the gifts wrapped at the store and sent directly to their homes so I don't have to go to the post office!

Old Navy.com: While the store only carries certain sizes, the online store has all sizes, including Plus Size. You can sometimes get free shipping, too. I ordered this faux fur hoodie which is the perfect compromise for Southern California life: a little fancier than a hoodie but not as heavy as a real jacket! Plus, it has snaps instead of a zipper. Really cute and warm!

Amazon.com: I ordered the DVD box set of The Flintstones for my mom. She loves The Flintstones, plus I know someone is getting her a new Blueray Player. I thought about ordering the Beatles Rock Band game for the Wii, but opted instead for the slightly more affordable Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Urban Outfitters.com: You know I love UO. They have tons of totally cute gifts for young and old male and female alike! if you have totally skinny friends and relatives you can get cute clothes, but for everyone else there are tons of fun gifts, accessories, books, music, toys, and items for the home/apartment. Plus, there are a lot of cute things that are cheap! I got this scarf and this throw for my sisters and they were each only $10, which made the shipping and gift wrapping affordable. They are not labeled, though, so the girls will just have to decide amongst themselves who gets what. My Dad gets this Where's Waldo? puzzle.

A Wacky gift: Gift exchanges are fun and they allow you to cover a lot of your friends without having to spend a lot of money. My friends and co-workers are hosting a wacky tacky gift exchange party. Apparently, we are supposed to get things like a singing plastic fish, etc. I haven't bought anything yet. Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...