Saturday, January 23, 2010

Things that Make Me Want to Puke, Part 1


First of all, McDonald's is a horrible, cruel corporation. For more information, visit mccruelty.com.

I have been boycotting McDonald's for over a year now - and will continue to do so until they re-think their policy on animal abuse (after which point I will go back to only getting fries and the occasional cherry pie - do they still have those?).

Not to make light of their sick abuse of chickens, but now they are making me sick with their TV commercial for a Big Mac burrito! Not only does the sight of a burrito made out of pickles, "special sauce", a meat patty cut in half, etc. look incredibly unappetizing (even if I did eat meat) but the commercial itself is creepily puke-inducing. A bunch of people are supposedly in a romantic relationship with the burrito, plying it with pick up lines, laying on a blanket on the grass with it, etc. before eating it.

Every time I see this commercial I want to puke.

For good news on the fast food front, Sonic has now agreed to purchase meat and eggs from less cruel suppliers! You can read about it here. (So happy to hear about the cage free eggs)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...