Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grammy Awards

The Grammy Awards Ceremony is tonight and I have to go to a party for it, even though I don't really want to. I like my friends, but I don't like watching the Grammy Awards live, I usually just tape it so I can fast-forward past the 85% of the show that I don't care about. I don't want to see Taylor Swift perform live with Neil Young (or something like that). Ugh, plus, apparently Michael Jackson's children are going to be put on display. Yuck.

Since I can't avoid it, however, there are a few categories that I guess I won't mind seeing. Here they are (I've put in bold the ones I wouldn't mind seeing get a win):

Best New Artist:

Zac Brown Band (winner)
Keri Hilson
MGMT
Silverson Pickups
The Ting Tings

Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals:

"I Gotta Feeling" - The Black Eyed Peas (winner)
"We Weren't Born to Follow" - Bon Jovi
"Never Say Never" - The Fray
"Sara Smile" - Hall & Oates
"Kids" - MGMT

Best Alternative Music Album

Everything That Happens Will Happen Today - David Byrne & Brian Eno
The Open Door - Death Cab For Cutie
Sounds of the Universe - Depeche Mode
Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix - Phoenix (winner)
It's Blitz - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Best Rap/Sung Collaboration

"Ego" - Beyonce & Kanye West
"Knock You Down" - Keri Hilson, Kanye West, & Ne-Yo
"Run This Town" - Jay-Z, Rhianna, & Kanye West (winner)
"I'm On a Boat" - The Lonely Island & T-Pain
"Dead and Gone" T.I. & Justin Timberlake

Best Comedy Album

"Back From The Dead" - Spinal Tap
"A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift Of All!" - Stephen Colbert (winner)
"Internet Leaks" - "Weird Al" Yankovic
"My Weakness Is Strong" - Patton Oswalt
"Suckin’ It For The Holidays" - Kathy Griffin
"Tall, Dark & Chicano" - George Lopez

Depeche Mode is also nominated in the Best Short Form Music Video category for "Wrong." That video is scary. It's about, like, a guy with a mask who is tied up and driving backwards. Wrong is right.

My friends like country music and Lady Gaga. Gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation

I am re-watching all of the Mission Impossible films. Here are my thoughts on MI:5: Why wasn't Jeremy Renner in Fallout? Does he die i...